Anatomy of Prejudice
Wednesday December 12, 8:30AM
1. Discuss the issues raised as they relate to their own workplace
2. Identify at least 5 key diversity concepts and how they impact our ability and competence to identify bias in behaviors and attitudes
3. Relate "Typcial Statements" and their corresponding Clarification
4. Determine actions and activities to implement to maintain a commitment to combating the perpetuation of identified racist statements, behavior and attitudes
8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Discussion of Key Diversity concepts
- The Experience - The Eye of the Storm
10:00 - 10:15 a.m. BREAK
10:15 - 12:00
- Expansion of concepts
- The follow up in A Class Divided and other current works
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. LUNCH
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- The relearning process begins.
- Experiential and knowledge deepening of how these isms are learned and unlearned.
- The "power"exercise.
2:30 - 2:45 p.m. BREAK
2:45 - 4:00 p.m.
- Key diversity concepts - and Barnga activity (cont)
- Other work in this area - Blue Eyed - Wide Eyed - The Stolen Eye - pieces viewed and explored.
- Typical Statements - their clarification and a commitment list discussed