Make a Difference - Make a Friend - Be a Volunteer
Menorah Park is a vibrant and fun place to volunteer. Along with getting to meet a wonderful mix of people, you'll realize the importance of your presence in their lives, and the difference you can make volunteering just a few hours a week. There's always a need for volunteers, so join us in making our residents truly feel content in their homes. We need you!
- Adult Day Center is in need of help Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. assisting with club groups and lunch.
- Office Volunteer peforms general assistance with mailings, copying, bereavement letters, phone calls, updating records, while maintaining resident confidentiality.
- Pet Therapy to help with comfort and relaxation. Bring a trained pet therapy dog to visit with residents in Hospice.
- Companion Volunteer visits with the resident on a regular basis engaging in points of interest that may include reading, enjoying a television program together, playing games or simply being present. Sometimes discussions of the resident's choosing may include fears or concerns about end of life. Visits are documented and confidentiality must be maintained.
- Pearl's Place Snack Shop in need of volunteers Sunday through Friday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am or 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. preparing food, and serving customers.
- Menorah Park
- Adaptive Living Shoppe - Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. assist with sales of daily living products
- Cafeteria Cashier - Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Clinic Transporting - Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. help transport residents in wheelchairs to in-residence doctor appointments
- Friendly Visiting - According to your schedule
- Group Activities - Sunday through Friday based on times of scheduled programs
- Ice Cream Parlor - Sunday through Friday from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Menorah Park Singers - Tuesdays from 10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Pavilion Breakfast - Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Pet Partners - Trained volunteers and their adult certified therapy dogs make short in-room visits and pavilion visits with consenting residents. A screening process is required.
- Rose Institute Escorts - Pick up the resident from his/her pavilion, enjoy attending these college-like classes within Menorah Park and assist the resident back to his/her pavilion
- Russian-speaking Friendly Visitors & Translators - Daily
- The R.H. Myers Apartments is in need of assistance in the dining room and with Meals on Wheels preparation
- Stone Gardens would like help with bartending during happy hour choosing from Monday through Friday from 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm. and is looking for a Club Leader and you can make your own hours.
- At Wiggins Place, volunteer as a lunch cashier from 11:30 am to 1 pm
To offer your time or for more information, contact:
Vicki Snyder at (216)839-6654 or